Thursday, December 22, 2016

Bullet Journaling By Mrs. Kopp

Each year, in December, I start to think about my goals for the upcoming year.  I used to write long lists of resolutions, but was then perpetually disappointed when I wasn't able to fulfill all of them (who has time to run for 100 days in a row?).  Then, for a while, each member of my family would choose one word that we hoped would represent the new year (I'd make little wood signs with each word because I love to paint and use my Cricut machine). 

As I think of 2017, I realize that there is one area of my life that I want to focus on and that is my life as a writer.  Before I was married and had children, I used to write all the time.  I would fill journals with thoughts, poetry, and drawings, but then suddenly- I just stopped.  Despite the fact that I still collect journals (and bookmarks) because I LOVE THEM, I wasn't writing.  

So, in 2017, I want to write every single day.  But, I know that I won't have time for that and it makes me sad.  Then I heard about something called Bullet Journaling.

Bullet Journaling is supposed to be a way to quickly organize plans, activities and thoughts.  I loved this idea and I'm ready to go. 

First, I purchased a fun planner that had enough room for me to bullet journal on each day of the year.

I purchased this at Michael's craft store (another favorite of mine- I wish I could live there) for only $11.99 (70%off)

Then, I got some pens that make me happy (I know, I know it's weird).  Now I can write a few sentences a day or more, if I have the urge and time.  I already added some poems leading up to the January calendar. I am so excited about this and I encourage each of you to find a way to achieve one goal in 2017. 

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment