Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Best Friends and Blessings by: Bailey Kellenberger

Finding a best friend that you can honestly count on for anything and everything is often close to, if not, impossible. It is rare to meet someone and have them stay in your life for your remaining time on Earth. Families move, friends go off to college, and even with today’s technology, remembering to keep in touch with one another is most definitely hard. However, there is a blessing in life that it most often overlooked… siblings. Your brothers or sisters are “build in best friends”. You get to see them every day. You’ve grown with them and know them like the back of your own hand. They know and understand almost everything you are going through because chances are they are going through it too; after all, you do live under the same roof. Your siblings are able to truly love you unconditionally. No matter how much you fight or steal each other clothes, at the end of the day, you know that you can go to them for anything and they will be more than happy to listen. From personal experience, my sisters are the ultimate best friends. Truly, I feel bad for anyone that doesn’t have sisters like mine. My sisters and I fight like WWE fighters. We will pull hair, punch deep, and kick fast however that never stops us from protecting, loving, and caring for one another. The first person I go to for any advice is my older sister. There is this trust that runs deep between her and myself. She knows the ins and outs of high school and relationships and she never holds back the reality of any situation. She will leap to my aid if anyone is giving me a difficult time and I’ve never met anyone that can win a face down with her. She is my forever best friend. I take her for granted. I forget about the time when she cut my hair (without my mother's knowledge) and I forget the about the time she first did my makeup. I forget that as children we were inseparable as we told secrets behind the playhouse slide and snuck into each other's room to play with our Bratz’ dolls until sunrise. I allow myself to forget my childhood. I feel as though as I get older I must always keep this in mind. Often, I let words slip out of my mouth such as “I hate you” or “never speak to me again”.  Although I don’t mean any real harm, I forget that words cannot be undone.  I forget to treat my siblings as the blessings they are, and I forget that they deserve to be told how much they mean to me. So, count your blessings and remember to never forget. 

1 comment:

  1. This is very true. Now that you have acknowledged this, work harder at remembering and closing your mouth before terrible thoughts slip out. You will need your sisters in the years to come! ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete