Friday, February 24, 2017

A Letter to Those Without a Pen Pal by Alyssa Stouch


This year we have been writing letters to our pen pals in Mrs. Caputo's fifth grade class. My wonderful partner is so fun to talk to and we make each other laugh constantly, but one thing that really stood out to me is how inspiring this young student is. He has accomplished so much and is so proud of the hard work he has done. I wish everyone could experience that feeling of gratitude. When I was in elementary school I was trying to find myself and make friends but it was always a challenge for me since I'd rather pay attention in class than talk about the latest drama. I remember the struggles I faced with bullying and so I would like to write a letter to all the younger students who have not yet found themselves.

Dear Pen Pals,

Sometimes life can be confusing and its hard to find your place.
Just know you're getting stronger after every obstacle you face
I know it's overwhelming to keep up with it all
But always remember to hold your head up high and stand tall
You may feel lost and you may struggle to fit in
But stay true to your thoughts within
For no one is you and that is your greatest weapon
So listen closely to this important lesson
There is a place for everyone here, young and old
Whether your timid, relaxed, or bold
You'll find your fate
Because it is our differences that will sort us to our place

Always stay true to yourself because you are the only person who decides how your life will be lived.




1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet and reassuring for kids who are still trying to find their way! ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete