Tuesday, October 18, 2016

October 18, 2016


The Kiwanis Family Fall Festival



On October 2nd, I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Kiwanis Family Fall Festival. Despite the rain and chilly weather, the festival had a great turn out and was a successful day for families all around Sparta. The day began with pumpkin painting activities. My friends and I decorated pumpkins for kids to take home as well as helped them paint their own pumpkins, where they were able to show of their creative and “abstract” painting skills. We then were given the opportunity to listen to the Bill Wright School of Music perform their rock styled tunes, while enjoying sweet apple cider and cinnamon donuts. I have to say, I enjoyed the cool air. I thought is was a great kick off to the fall! Most kids enjoyed the face painting booth,which if you were wondering, I did not volunteer at, as my work would have been a little more abstract than the children would have liked…. After the excellent performance from the Bill Wright School, the Newton Dojo brought some action packed karate to the festival. The day presumed with fun games and activities. I am looking forward to more volunteer opportunities in the future, and hope the next one I attend is just as great of a success.

~Carlie Wilson


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this volunteer opportunity! ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete