Thursday, April 6, 2017

"Dear Evan Hansen" Review by Kamryn Foster

Good day, everyone! Now, this isn't a Kamryn Foster post if it's not late, so here I am - 2 days behind schedule! But hey, here's my excuse. I was too excited to go to New York City and watch a Broadway show! I mean, who wouldn't be? Nevertheless, I went and saw "Dear Evan Hansen", the new Broadway musical, and so here are my thoughts!

The best way to put it was that it was absolutely stunning. I had chills throughout the entire production, and I even teared up at some parts. It really was an emotional roller coaster. The whole soundtrack was just so heartfelt, and you could tell that they wrote it in such a way as to try to connect with the audience. The dialogue was so funny and kept the viewers on the edge of their seats - those simple one-liners will get'cha! But I don't encourage you to bring small children, since there's also a lot of cussing in the show. They did an incredible job with the casting, too. Remember Benji from "Pitch Perfect" and "Pitch Perfect 2"? Well, he's the star of the show, and Ben Platt's vocals are phenomenal! I really do 10/10 recommend this to anyone who wants to see a more modern  Broadway performance, since there's no dance numbers or anything - it's just pure storyline and singing! They also showcase how social media plays such an important role in society nowadays and how it impacts our lives.

I think I should be a professional critic, honestly. Alright, well that's about it, frankly. I hope I got your gears turning to try to get you to think about seeing "Dear Evan Hansen", and you'll thank me for it later. Have a grand day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I can NOT wait to see it! I also can't wait until you post on time! : ) ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete