Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Snow Dethroned by Madison Levinson

Today is the last day before Spring Break and the weather has begun to get warmer and nicer. The last time I had a blog post it was a snow day and I wrote a poem about snow. Now that it's Spring, and my favorite season, I think I should write a poem again.

The sun peeks from behind the cloud.
People gather outside and form crowd after crowd.
"Colors spring in tufts from the ground" 
Flowers beginning to bloom.
Thoughts of warm weather in my mind consume.
The rabbits hop and the bears come out.
On no persons face was there a pout.
Colors spring in tufts from the ground.
The white beast of snow has been uncrowned.
Sports begin and referee whistles blow.
Kids dance and laugh in fields to and fro.
No snowflakes dancing and twirling.
Flower petals in the air and swirling.
No early morning snow day calls.
No more wind or icy slips and falls.
Spring has started to bloom all around.
My will to explore and have fun has now been found.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing I dislike about spring is the bears! They make me nervous! ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete