Thursday, April 6, 2017

Shakespearean Sonnet By Matt Dumbroff

Seeing as we have just begun learning about Shakespeare, and his many works I thought it appropriate to write a sonnet in iambic pentameter just like that of Shakespeare's, using some of his most famous lines in an attempt to emulate his work.

Image result for artsy pictures


Against the stormy gusts of winter’s day

I tell the day, to please him, thou art bright

And in mine own love’s strength seem to decay
Yet doth it steal sweet hours from love’s delight
Toward thee I’ll run, and give him leave to go
In so profound abysm I throw all care
That you yourself, being extant, well might show
If Time have any wrinkle graven there
If my dear love were but the child of state
Incapable of more, replete with you
Thus policy in love, t’anticipate
And I by this will be a gainer too
Her audit, though delay’d, answer’d must be
Without accusing you of  injury


.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you tried your hand at iambic pentameter! What is written behind those white blocks? ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete