Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My Softball Team is Like a Second Family By: Caroline Kepler


My softball season is on its last week and I can’t believe how fast the season has gone. It seems like just yesterday my team and I were nervously standing in the caf waiting for our coaches to start the tryout in the annex. This season felt so short, since we had our first 4 games rained or snowed out and I’m not ready for it to end. We’ve only had ten games so far and we are only going to have two more, but from those ten games our team has grown closer. I know that it’s going to feel so strange not having to go to practice after school everyday, not seeing my teammates in the locker room, not having to put on uniform once, maybe twice a week. I have so many great memories from practices alone, at the beginning of the season we played a heated game of handball and just today we had a great time playing kickball. At the beginning of the season we even got to go on a crazy scavenger hunt around the school, since our fields were covered with snow. When the fields dried and we finally got to play our games they were full of jokes about how Cynthia would cheer for people along with any other incident that would get us all laughing. Most importantly, we supported each other during every play, whether we were hitting or in the field there was always someone cheering. Our pasta parties, even if we only had 2, were a blast and our off tune singing probably gave the neighbors a headache.  It may sound cheesy, but this team really is like my second family and it’s not going to feel right when I have to take the bus home instead of playing softball with them.IMG_2447.JPGIMG_2436.JPG

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet tribute to your team! It's true, teams can certainly become family! ~Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete