Friday, March 17, 2017

Erin Go Bragh

As a very Irish girl I am happy that St.Patricks Day happens to fall on my assigned day to write a post. Naturally, I have decided to write my blog about the festivities I enjoy taking part in every St.Patricks Day.

1. Erin Go Bragh
This Irish saying translates to "Ireland Forever", and I really enjoy hearing/saying the phrase because it makes me think of my heritage. I enjoy reflecting on the place my family came from and the customs that are in my blood. It is also a cool bonus that my name, Erin, means Ireland.
2. Corned Beef and Cabbage
 A delicious dinner I have once a year, cooked by my dad. I always look forward to having this meal. It never disappoints!




3. Green
I always enjoy seeing everyone participate in the holiday by wearing green. It is fun to bring every together for one celebration. The green color represents Ireland (one of the colors of the flag) and leprechauns! 
4.Sodabread
Another delicious piece of food that comes around this time of year. It has a unique taste and never lasts long in my house!

5. Parades
The parades are always one big fun party and celebration. It is nice to see many people dress up in Irish colors and support their culture.
These are just a few reasons I enjoy celebrating this very fun and very green holiday with all my loved ones!
Erin Lyden

1 comment:

  1. Despite the fact that I have two red headed children, named Brayden and Quinn, we are not a bit Irish. But, I do love corned beef and cabbage! ~Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete