Friday, March 10, 2017

Hidden Inside (Poem by: Bailey Kellenberger)

Hidden Inside
When is the last time I’ve slept?
Late nights turn into early mornings
Living but not alive
Blinking but not awake
I am caught in a fog
One that conceals the beauty of the world
Everything is dark
Maybe the skies will clear
I just want to feel the sun
To feel happiness
Things will start looking up
Right?
That's what I’m told
That I’m not really alone
The world is just gray
Suck it up
Push through it
Everything will be fine
Strip the layers
Make me better
I’m slipping under
Sinking away
Can you hear me?








2 comments:

  1. Great poem - we can hear you! ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fatigue is such an underrated illness. I hope that the awareness surrounding mental illnesses and maladies come to encompass sleep issues. --Mr. Johnson

    ReplyDelete