Friday, March 3, 2017

She is Scared by Chloe Caldi

She is Scared

Parents fear the day
The day their child comes home
And is no longer a child
She is big
She is strong
She is independent
But she is still scared

She is smart
She is friendly
She is beautiful
But she is still scared

She sings loudly
She dances often
She laughs constantly
But she is still scared

She hides it the best she can
Not many can see
Her insecurity
Her lack of self worth
Because she is still scared

She doesn't know
That I can see this in her
But I do
And I understand
Because I am scared too

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem. I am 35 and many times I am still scared. Very well done! Submit this to beginnings! I can't wait to work on our class book! ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem had such a great arch to it as stories do. This coupled with word repetition and the melody you created with words contribute greatly to this poem's success. Will you consider submitting it to "Beginnings"? --Mr. Johnson

    ReplyDelete